This well-situated masonry residence was constructed circa 1899 for accountant Frederick Peberdy and his wife Amy. It was originally part of the large Thompson Estate and was one of few houses in the area to be built using brick, perhaps owing to Frederick’s professional status. The house was occupied by the Peberdys until around 1920 and has since been maintained as a private residence.
a) It is important in demonstrating the evolution or pattern of the City's or local area's history
as an example of a middle-class residence built in Annerley’s Thompson Estate in the 1890s.
NOTE: The purpose of this report is
to provide a general reference source of information
about the main historical and descriptive features that
contribute to the cultural significance of the heritage
place. It is based on available evidence and may be
re-assessed if further information becomes available.
It is NOT an official report and does not in any way
replace the official Heritage Register entry, which
can be viewed in the City Plan. A qualified practitioner
should undertake a thorough conservation study of the
heritage place before any action is taken which may
affect its significance as a heritage listed place.
For further information please phone Council on 3403