The Valley Masonic Lodge in Brunswick Street was constructed in 1922 from designs by architect T.B.M Wightman. It was used by Tullibardine Lodge, originally a Scottish Masonic lodge, for sixty years. It was purchased by its current owners, the Embroidery Guild, in the early 1980s.
At 149 Brunswick Street , FORTITUDE VALLEY, 4006
Culture - Public Venue
Ritual - Worship
Constructed in 1922
Walls - Masonry
Roof - Corrugated iron
Architect - Thomas Blair Moncrieff Wightman
Builder - McArthur and Walker
NOTE: The purpose of this report is
to provide a general reference source of information
about the main historical and descriptive features that
contribute to the cultural significance of the heritage
place. It is based on available evidence and may be
re-assessed if further information becomes available.
It is NOT an official report and does not in any way
replace the official Heritage Register entry, which
can be viewed in the City Plan. A qualified practitioner
should undertake a thorough conservation study of the
heritage place before any action is taken which may
affect its significance as a heritage listed place.
For further information please phone Council on 3403