This brick residence was built around 1890, during a period of increased urbanisation in Annerley following improvements in transport and civic services. The first owner of the house, John Olsen, played a prominent role in Brisbane’s churches, clubs and societies, including as a founder of the Queensland Musical, Literary and Self-aid Society for the Blind. The house was named ‘Dorinda’ after Olsen’s wife and the property remained in the family until 1972.
At 23 Junction Terrace , ANNERLEY, 4103
Accommodation - House
Constructed circa 1890
Victorian - Vernacular
Walls - Masonry - Face brick
Roof - Corrugated iron
NOTE: The purpose of this report is
to provide a general reference source of information
about the main historical and descriptive features that
contribute to the cultural significance of the heritage
place. It is based on available evidence and may be
re-assessed if further information becomes available.
It is NOT an official report and does not in any way
replace the official Heritage Register entry, which
can be viewed in the City Plan. A qualified practitioner
should undertake a thorough conservation study of the
heritage place before any action is taken which may
affect its significance as a heritage listed place.
For further information please phone Council on 3403