These flats, constructed in 1938-9 by owner Robert Bosworth, are an example of the increased demand for high density dwelling in the interwar period, particularly in inner-city areas like Annerley. They also reflect the change within the local area from larger, detached family-owned properties to smaller multi-tenanted dwellings. Originally part of the St Kilda Estate, the block passed through a number of owners before it was purchased by Bosworth around the same time as construction began. The building is interwar stucco with art deco features on the parapet, unusual for the time.
NOTE: The purpose of this report is
to provide a general reference source of information
about the main historical and descriptive features that
contribute to the cultural significance of the heritage
place. It is based on available evidence and may be
re-assessed if further information becomes available.
It is NOT an official report and does not in any way
replace the official Heritage Register entry, which
can be viewed in the City Plan. A qualified practitioner
should undertake a thorough conservation study of the
heritage place before any action is taken which may
affect its significance as a heritage listed place.
For further information please phone Council on 3403