‘Cambrae’ was built between 1948 and 1952 by and for Angus Pretoria Cameron, a Commission Agent. The two-storey masonry house was constructed at a time of severe building material shortages due to the over-whelming demand for housing in the immediate post-war period throughout Australia. The housing shortage in Queensland reached its peak in 1947 with over 4218 families living in temporary accommodation. Building materials were scarce and post-war building regulations were introduced limiting the size of a house to approximately 120m². The construction of ‘Cambrae’ was a move away from the dominant housing form in this period. The two-storey masonry house with its basket weave brickwork, oriel window and Romanesque features such as the front door surround is an unusual and uncommon example of an immediate post-war period ‘Old English’ style house in the Annerley district.