Constructed circa 1924, this residence was the home of Charles Arthur Stone, founder of the Bristol Pottery Works. The house, known as ‘Wilnecote’, was located atop Hill Street (now Alkoomie Street), and replaced an older residence on the site. Stone, an English immigrant who arrived in Brisbane in 1886, had lived in Wynnum with his family since the early twentieth century, when its appeal as a residential suburb swelled its permanent population. Stone’s pottery works, established in 1894 at Coorparoo, became a successful business and the Stones were well-known in the Wynnum area. Following the death of his first wife, Stone relocated to ‘Wilnecote’ around 1925 with his second wife, and died there in 1936. His sons and widow held title to the property until 1955, when it passed to the Australian Ceramics Company, successor to Stone’s Bristol Pottery Works. This symmetrical interwar bungalow residence features a portico, a tiled gable roof with finials and a large dormer window.