The Christadelphians (a Greek word for ‘Brethren in Christ) were founded in the United States in the early 19th century, by a British-born doctor, John Thomas. A fundamentalist Christian sect, it soon spread to Britain and the colonies, and members are known to have been practicing in Queensland as early as the 1880s. In early 1946 Arthur Venn, Joseph Heaney, Henry and Dan Steele and David Mitchell, the nominated trustees, acquired the land on which this Wynnum church was built. An application to erect a Christadelphian church on this property was lodged in April 1946. Additions were made into the 1960s, however since then the local congregation has reduced considerably and this church had effectively ceased to function as a place of worship by the turn of the century.