The success of the Church of Christ’s Henrichsen-Brooker Tent Mission at Wynnum circa 1925 underlined the necessity for regular church services in the district. August Henrichsen donated the land in what was then known as Mary Street. The church was substantially erected in one day, on the 12 December 1925. Sixty men gathered that Saturday morning for a working bee to build the church. The first church service was held in the building the following day. A large hall was added to the site in March 1930, also built with the efforts of voluntary labour. A manse was built in 1947.