This grand timber house was built in 1914-15 for Peter Arthur Blundell and was originally named ‘Ridgeland’. It was designed by successful Brisbane architect, Henry Wallace Atkinson. When first built, the house sat within large grounds which stretched down to a creek and once had a tennis court. Several of the mature plantings still remain on the property. Renamed ‘Romaeden’ in the 1960s, this residence makes a strong contribution to the Cavendish Road streetscape and demonstrates the residential growth of Coorparoo in this era.