This house was built circa 1897-98 for former jockey and respected horse-trainer William James Tucker. The house was named ‘Ardon’ circa 1903 after one of his better performing horses. The Tucker family were heavily involved in the racing industry, a number of William’s sons were jockeys and one was killed during a race in 1919. William Tucker died in 1949 and his family retained the property until 1954. The property was restored during the 1980s.